Tuesday, June 3, 2008

finish what you started

when i woke up this morning, i couldn't stop thinking that i frequently don't finish what i have started for these three years, specifically after i jumped in my very first work. i don't know whether i was not prepared enough or i was not capable of finishing the assignments, or even worse, i was just inclined to consider my job as one of frivolities in my life. but the more i think about it, the more i feel guilty about what i have done. my former boss, as i recall, 14 months ago asked me to translate some materials about UN bodies so as to be posted in my organization's website dedicated especially for children, entitled "pak globo". well...i translated those stuff...yet posting it to the website was another thing. accordingly, i can still see the materials piled in the corner of my mundane soothing cubicle. likewise, i often didn't make reports shortly after i attended meetings.

as i later found out from my profound contemplation, those unfinished businesses are usually induced by my helpless procrastinating habit and my inability to stay focused on priorities. after having pondered about this influential crap, i decided to calmly take a vow of myself witnessed by all creatures staying in my 3x3 meter room that i will always finish what i started. this vow will put into force starting from today. well...i think i can meet this obligation i made. at least at present...;)

No comments: