Wednesday, June 25, 2008

sex and the city

sex and the city

all women these days are flocking in 21 just to watch carrie bradshaw and her 3 tightly-knit girlfriends in sex and the city. me myself isn't really a grand fan of the series, so i was kind of a bit reluctant to watch the chick flick when a friend of mine asked me to. of course it's also because my highly-trusted movie reviewer (www.imdb.com) cited that there was nothing really new in the big screen and it was a mere long version of the series.
nonetheless, when i finally happened to catch glimpses of carrie and friends, my heart that was totally captured just brought about both laughter and tears. admittedly, the story was no big different from this HBO serial. but then, just like any other women in the world, i was simply blinded by the grandeur of haute couture. the story itself, i suppose, reached the peak when carrie madly got off the car and hit mr. big with the bouquet while her tears were dripping along her bride-to-be-blush. that might be a bit dramatic scene for heaven's sake. but still, i guess only girls who can really perceive how carrie felt at that moment, being so fully rejected by a man thought to be the love of her life.
anyhow, back to the runway show, i was in love head over heels to the bride dress of christian dior. it's so classic and beautiful that i could cry haha...i like some other clothes albeit it's not possible to describe them one by one here.
and the shoes...gawd...i was never engrossed by manolo blahnik because it just happens to be so ridiculously expensive, not to mention that the clickety heels are not feasible to be put on my feet while i dive in the stony streets i am used to pass everyday. but then, my eyes suddenly were fogged by flicker of stars in the diamond-like stone embellishing the pointed blue shoes. voila! the 525-dollar shoes successfully imprisoned me in the land of manolo blahniks. and here is the shoes of my life...shoe of my life
other thing that caught my attention in the film was the letter of ludwig van beethoven read by mr. big after their marriage's ceremony. it's a simple beauty that could last just in time...
though still in bed, my thoughts go out to you, my immortal beloved,
now and then joyfully, then sadly, waiting to learn whether or not fate will hear us
i can live only wholly with you or not at all
yes, i am resolved to wander so long away from you
until i can fly to your arms and say that i am really at home with you,
and can send my soul enwrapped in you into the land of spirits
yes, unhappily it must be so
you will be the more contained since you know my fidelity to you
no one else can ever possess my heart - never - never -
oh god, why must one be parted from one whom one so loves
and yet my life in V is now a wretched life
your love makes me at once the happiest and the unhappiest of men
at my age i need a steady, quiet life - can that be so in our connection?
my angel, i have just been told that the mailcoach goes every day
therefore i must close at once so that you may receive the letter at once
be calm, only by a calm consideration of our existence can we achieve our purpose to live together
be calm - love me - today - yesterday - what tearful longings for you - you - you - my life - my all - farewell
oh continue to love me - never misjudge the most faithful heart of your beloved
ever thine
ever mine
ever ours
-to the immortal beloved-

No comments: